I love pizza, who doesn’t? My favourite one is homemade vegan pizza with lots of different toppings. Do you want a recipe? Here you
I think everyone likes homemade pizza and gets tempted by at least one slice of it.
My son loves it and he’s always very excited to have it for lunch. We happily prepare our own at home cause it’s much healthier and better than the one from the shop. There are no food additives or allergens. Besides, this homemade vegan pizza is less fat and caloric. Plus, we have lots of fun preparing it together. And most children usually enjoy these kinds of activities. Making your own homemade pizza is always fun!
I usually prepare dough from spelt flour. I’ve also made it from buckwheat flour (gluten free version) and both are very tasty.
The recipe is extremely easy but it’s a bit time-consuming. Nevertheless, I believe it’s absolutely worth investing some of your time as the result is wonderful!
What ingredients do I need to make homemade vegan pizza dough?
This serving is for two hungry people:
- 400g spelt flour
- 250g warm water
- 4g instant yeast or 14g fresh yeast
- A pinch of salt
How to make pizza dough?
- Add yeast to warm water and wait for it to dissolve. You can stir it gently. The water should be lukewarm. Just dip your finger into it and check if you can hold it that way.
- Add yeast to flour mixed with salt. Knead the dough until it looks and feels smooth. If it gets too sticky, add some flour but not too much. Then the dough is not too heavy and can grow nicely.
- Put the dough in a glass bowl greased with a few drops of oil. Cover it with a clean cloth and put it in a warm place for an hour. I always put mine in a cold oven and close the door. I don’t turn the oven on.
- After an hour, remove the dough and roll it thoroughly. If an hour flies by and you’ve still got something else to do – don’t worry! The longer the dough grows, the better it is. Brush the baking paper with oil. Put the dough on the baking paper. If you want your pizza to be thin and crispy, use more strength to roll it. Do you prefer a thicker, fluffy base? Roll it to be about half a centimeter thick.
How to bake homemade, vegan pizza?
- Heat the oven to 200 – 210 C degrees
- Spread the tomato sauce on your pizza. You can buy your favourite sauce in a shop or make your own at home. If you decide to buy it, then please make sure to buy it in a jar not in a can. I’m strongly against buying canned food. Cans are often coated harmful BPA from the inside.
- Sprinkle the dough with basil and oregano. I also add fresh garlic but that depends on your personal taste. Add your favourite ingredients or whatever you have at home. My vegan homemade pizza is usually with asparagus (when in season), broccoli, peppers, chili, olives, arugula and red onions. You can also use vegan cheese.
- Bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 200-210 C degrees
- I don’t let my pizza get too brown because of harmful acrylamide, which is formed during baking. By baking my pizza for a shorter period of time I try to reduce the quantity of acrylamide.
Ready! It always tastes better with fresh salad on the side 🙂