Now we have season for asparagus. We should enjoy it as much as we can because it won’t last long. That’s why today I want to offer you a recipe for a vegan asparagus and green pea tart. Enjoy!
I like tarts very much and I often make them. It’s a really cool meal which tastes great even the next day. There are million ways to prepare tarts but today let’s focus on a vegan asparagus and green pea tart.
This dish is suitable for kids, especially those with egg allergy. If you suffer from gluten allergy just use your favorite gluten free flour. This vegan asparagus and green pea tart is healthy, colorful and I’m sure it will be a great meal for you and your family and friends. My kid loves it.
What ingredients do I need to prepare a vegan asparagus and green pea tart?
The dough will be exactly the same like the vegan spiral tart.
For the dough:
- 400 grams of flour (I use spelt flour)
- 50 grams of potato flour (you can also use chickpea flour)
- 50 grams of olive oil
- 150 grams of cold water
- garlic powder (optional)
For the pulp:
- 200 grams of frozen green pea
- 150 grams of chickpeas, best from a jar. Remember that I don’t recommend can food.
- 60 grams of plant-based milk. I avoid the rice milk because of possible arsenic contamination
- 2 big spoons of potato (or chickpea) flour
- fresh garlic (2-3 cloves)
- at least 12 asparagus
How do I make a vegan asparagus and green pea tart?
- mix the flours with salt and (optional) garlic
- add olive oil
- knead the dough and slowly add water
- when the dough is ready put it in a tart tin (26 cm) brushed with oil
- put it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes
- rinse green pea with warm water to defrost it
- peel the asparagus and boil it with green pea for a few minutes (up to 5 minutes)
- blend green pea, chickpeas, potato flour, milk, garlic and salt and pepper together. It should be thick like cream cheese, if it’s not try to add some potato flour
How to bake vegan asparagus and green pea tart?
- heat the oven to 180C.
- make some holes in the dough with a fork
- bake it for 10 minutes
- after 10 minutes take the tart out of the oven and spread the pulp on it
- put the asparagus on top
- bake it for about 15-20 minutes in the same temperature
Remember that it’s much healthier to bake the vegan asparagus and green peas tart for a shorter period of time. Why? The answer is here. And it’s not so complicated to make it, right?