Last few days of November got really cold. Hot, nutritious vegan pumpkin soup will be prefect dish not only for dinner.
I love hot soups at this time of the year. Vegan pumpkin soup is very tasty and perfect for cold autumn and winter days.
Pumpkins are very healthy. These vegetables are reach in minerals and vitamins, mainly carotenes and vitamin E, moreover, they are low in fat. Carotenes are simply provitamin A, which becomes in our body vitamin A. Those organic components inhibit aging process furthermore are very good for your skin, hair and nails.
To prepare vegan pumpkin soup you can use any type of this vegetable. Sometimes I bake the pumpkin before I cook my soup. It’s much easier to peel and cut it after baking so it’s a really good idea. First, I wash it and then bake the whole pumpkin in 180C for 20 minutes. I bake the whole pumpkin with its skin because I want to reduce the quantity of harmful acrylamide which is formed during this process. Pumpkins, just like potatoes, are rich in carbohydrates and proteins from which toxic acrylamide is formed. If you want to know more about this issue please read this post.
What ingredients do I need to make a vegan pumpkin soup?
- about 1,5 kg pumpkin (with skin)
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 parsley root
- big sweet potato
- 1 onion (I often use shallots)
- 2 garlic cloves
- about 1-2 cm of ginger root (you can also use ground ginger powder)
- chili (optional)
- olive oil
- red bell pepper powder
How to make vegan pumpkin soup?
- bake the pumpkin in 180C for 20 minutes (or just peel it and cut it)
- peel it, remove seeds and cut it
- pour olive oil into the pot
- add onion, crushed garlic, ginger, chili and red pepper powder
- add cut vegetables and fry for a bit
- if you use baked pumpkin, add after in 10 minutes
- add water and boil for 15-20 minutes
- add salt and pepper
- blend the soup
Ready! You can add some coconut or cashew cream on the top. Vegan pumpkin soup tastes also very delicious with good olive oil.